End User Licence Agreement (EULA)
Reset Type Studio — October 2023, V1.0
Font Software: Digital typography is a software, its use is protected by intellectual property law. When purchasing a typeface –herein called Font Software–, the purchaser does not get the ownership of the font but the licence to use it. This licence agreements sets out what is permitted and what isn’t while using the fonts.
Designers and Clients: The designer, agency, studio or any font purchaser –herein called Licence Owner- may use the font within any kind of work as long as it’s in accordance with the terms and conditions of this End User Agreement. Under no reason, the Licence Owner will provide the Font Software to its client. If the client –person, company, organization, etc…– wishes to install or use the font, they are obliged to purchase their own licence. Font Software and its licence cannot be transferred to third parties.
Format: Web fonts are provided in static/variable TrueType (TTF) and static/variable Web Open Font (WOFF2) format.
Web Licence EULA
01. Licence Grant: Upon full payment, Reset grants the Licence Owner the right to use the Font Software in accordance with the terms and conditions of this End User Agreement.
02. Intellectual Property: The downloaded digital files contain Font Software that is the intellectual property of the font’s respective designer, represented herein by Reset, that owns the rights for distribution and reserves all rights to intellectual property.
03. General usage: The Web Licence allows the use of the Font Software to style live text exclusively for Websites as a webfont via @font-face CSS rule in order to provide correct rendering on websites.
04. Usage Restrictions: You may not use the font for purposes other than those stated in this agreement. Embedding, installing or using this Font Software for Printed Materials and Static Images (Logos and Printed Stationery, Packaging, Posters, Printed Brochure, Books & Magazines, etc.), Mobile Apps, Electronic Publications, Original Equipment Manufacturer, Broadcasting, Video Games, Web Templates, etc. is not allowed. If the font exceeds the permitted use from the Web Licence, the Licence Owner is obliged to upgrade to the appropriate licence type. You may not use the Font Software in discriminatory actions such as (but not limited to) any racist, xenophobic, homophobic, sexist, gender discriminatory and/or hatful context. You may not use the Font Software in any context promoting illegal activities, weapons and/or actively working against nature conservation and the wellbeing of our planet for future generations. An agreement must first be reached with Reset to use the Font Software in political or electoral campaigns.
05. Licence Quantity: This licence is valid for one specific domain with a limited number of traffic estimated in visitors per month (v/m). In case the traffic on the website/s increases for at least three consecutive months, the Licence Owner is obliged to upgrade to a licence that grants the rights to use the Font Software for a higher number of v/m. This licence is valid indefinitely for the maximum number of v/m specified in its licence invoice. You are not entitled to a refund, offset or other adjustment in the event of a reduction in the number of v/m, irrespective of the reasons.
06. Embedding/Self-Hosting and Subsetting: Embedding is permitted only by self-hosting the Font Software on a secure web server owned by the Licence Owner via @font-face CSS rule. The fonts cannot be distributed or downloaded from the server. Subsetting the Font Software is permitted for the sole purpose of optimising loading times but voids Reset's warranty of the correct performance of the Font Software.
07. Software Copy: The Licence Owner is responsible for securing this data and making sure that unlicensed copies do not leave his/her possession.
08. Licence Transfer: The Font Software and licenses are non-transferable. To sell, distribute, loan, lease, rent, donate, share or give away the font software and/or licence to another person or entity is strictly prohibited, as well as making copies (except as permitted herein). Back-up copies of the Font Software are allowed for exclusive archival purposes only, provided that the Licence Owner retains exclusive care and control over such copies.
09. Modifying Outlines: Modifying font outlines or hinting is not allowed.
10. Modifying Software: Under no circumstances the Licence Owner may convert the Font Software to other formats from those provided by Reset. The use font creation or font manipulation programs to rename, modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, alter or otherwise generate any kind of Font Software using the provided digital files without the express permission and knowledge from Reset is strictly prohibited.
11. Warranty: Reset warrants that the Font Software will perform in accordance with the specifications published on this website, ensuring the correct operation on Macintosh and Windows for Adobe software (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop among others) and Office software (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) in the versions available at the time of marketing of each typeface. However, Reset can not guarantee the correct operation for versions of this software launched after the creation of the font. The correct functioning of the Font Software is limited by the correct functioning of each software, in particular with regard to the accessibility of the Opentype functions. In order to make a warranty claim against Reset, the Licence Owner must provide sufficient information regarding the conditions of use and installation which may impair the correct functioning of the Font Software. Damaged or defective font software may be replaced when accompanied by the valid sales receipt and the user licence number within thirty (30) days of purchase of this Licence.
12. Responsibility: The Licence Owner and not Reset is responsible for the quality and performance of the Font Software, specially on circumstances where its use may lead to death, personal injury, property damage, severe physical or environmental damage, business interruption, loss of business information or profit lost. Under no circumstances shall Reset's liability exceed the replacement cost of the software.
13. Termination: This Licence Agreement may be terminated without notice if you breach and/or fail to comply with any term contained herein without receiving a refund. If you do not agree with the terms of this licence, please return the Font Software to Reset.
14. Illegal Use: In case of a proven violation of the terms described in this Licence Agreement, Reset might take measures against the offender, charging the offender all related costs. Reset might proceed to verify the use of its Font Software. If the user can not provide a proof of purchase within 48h after being notified of the infringement, the use of the font will be considered illegal. The offender will be automatically charged for the licenses corresponding to the recognized usages, majored by 100%, with a minimum fee of $250. The payment will be requested within ten working days. The removal of the font files used illegally does not cancel the prejudice and the payment for the licence as well as extra charges for infringement remain entirely due.
15. Governing Law. Any dispute arising out of or in connection with this Agreement, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Oriental Republic of Uruguay. Its courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim on, or in relation to, this Agreement and any dispute between the parties (where not prevented by law). If any part of this Agreement is found void or unenforceable, it will not affect the validity of the rest of the Agreement, which shall remain valid and enforceable according to its terms. Reset's failure or election not to enforce a provision of this Agreement is not a waiver of its right to do so later. The numberings and section titles within this Agreement are for convenience and shall not affect or alter the meaning or construction of any terms or provisions of the Agreement.
16. EULA Modifications: This End User Licence Agreement may be amended or modified in future versions at any time and without prior notification other than updating the publication date herein.
Thank you for taking the time to read this licence & supporting type design.
If you have any doubts or questions, big or small, don’t hesitate to contact us at: